SAIN in 2019 – the Key Milestones, Events and Partners
2019 has been a busy and successful year for the UK China Sustainable Agriculture Innovation Network (SAIN).
Through working with partners in the UK and China, SAIN has achieved a number of important milestones to strengthen the cooperation between the two countries.
- Co-organised the UK-China Agriculture Green Development Workshops with Rural Energy and Environment Agency of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs in Beijing and Yunnan;
- Initiated the “Pledge for Promoting UK China Cooperation in Agricultural Green Development” which was signed by Chinese and British governmental officials, scientists and advisers;
- Delivered 15 seminars and workshops covering a wide range of topics of soil health, arable land quality monitoring and assessment, agricultural waste recycling, digitalization in agriculture and rural development, climate smart agriculture, and legislation in rural vitalization;
- Built new cooperative partnerships with governmental organisations, academic institutes, NGOs, business and farm organisations ;
- SAIN was named in the 10th UK China Economic and Financial Dialogue Policy Outcomes as a mechanism to support the agricultural cooperation between the two countries.
Click here for the full report.